Java Media Framework Installation Guide
It is important that you have to install only one Java 2 Runtime Environment before installing Java Media Framework. If you have not installed Java 2 Runtime Environment or you have installed more than one instance of Java 2 Runtime Environment in your machine, you are advised to follow the instructions in the Java 2 Runtime Environment Installation Guide first.
- Open the windows control panel by:
Click on Start Menu -> Settings -> Control Panel
- In the control panel window, double-click Add/Remove Programs
- In the program list, if there is an entry saying "Java Media Framework ...", go to step 4; otherwise, go to step 6
- Select Change/Remove on the entry of "Java Media Framework ..." to uninstall any Java Media Framework in the machine
Click on Yes if you are asked to remove Java Media Framework
- Reboot the machine before proceeding
- Download the installation file from here or from Sun Java Media Framework Download Page
- Run the downloaded installation file
Click on Yes after you have read the License Agreement
Click on Next > to install the Java Media Framework in the default directory
Click on Next > to install Java Media Framework with the default options
Finish the installation by rebooting the machine.
(These screen shots are taken under Windows 2000 Professional. For other Windows operation system such as Windows 98 or Windows ME, the layout would be similar but not exactly the same.)